Posts in Surveying
Q: Why is the Town requiring those who are rebuilding to get their land surveyed?

A: Before the Camp Fire, the Town did not require surveys because most of development was part of existing subdivisions or individual properties in existing neighborhoods with agreed upon or prescribed property lines based on existing development. The Town now is requiring lot line certification after the fire to protect the property rights of all land owners by ensuring that building setback requirements, as adopted in the Paradise Municipal Code, are being enforced.

Read More
Q: What exactly do I need from a Surveyor?

A: The minimum requirements are:

  • A completed Land Surveyor’s Certification for Building Permit form to be stamped and signed by a Licensed Land Surveyor or Civil Engineer authorized to practice land surveying in the State of California. (This is available at the Towns building department or

  • An Exhibit plat prepared on an 8 ½ x 11 sheet showing the following:

  • The current configuration of the property as described in the current vesting deed, including all bearing and distances along the property lines.

  • Date

  • North Arrow

  • Scale

  • Assessor’s Parcel Number.

  • Rights of Way and width of right(s)s of way for all public and private roadways adjacent to property.

  • Location and description of found and set property corners.

  • Surveyor’s signature and official stamp.

Read More