It’s that time of year when darkness falls around 5 p.m….
…But there’s a literal light at the end of the tunnel: Paradise’s annual Truck Parade of Lights.
On December 3, 2022 at 6:30 p.m., truckers will drive their brightly lit vehicles down Pearson Road. The parade will begin at Thomas Ace Hardware (on the corner of Pearson and Clark) and go past Paradise Community Park (on the corner of Pearson and Black Olive). Then, they’ll head up Skyway to the Holiday Shopping Center, and return to Ace Hardware on the same route.
The occasion, of course, is intended for holiday merriment and is open to the whole town—and any visitors who’d like to enjoy! But this parade isn’t just pretty; it has a purpose.
Kind-hearted truckers have organized the event as a festive occasion to gather canned food donations for local Paradise food pantries.
How to participate:
- If you want to drive a decorated truck or car in the parade: simply donate some cans to the food drive. Meet at 4:30 p.m. at Ace Hardware to line up.
- If you want to judge the trucks before the parade: Meet at 5 p.m. at Ace Hardware. Truck drivers will receive awards for the most dazzling displays, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place going to small and large trucks!
- If you want to watch the parade and cheer on the trucks: simply grab a folding chair or spot a good side of sidewalk at some point on the loop!
Truck drivers will receive awards for the most dazzling displays, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place going to small and large trucks.
Start your holiday celebrations with these other Paradise events on December 3rd, all at the Terry Ashe Rec Center:
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Santa’s Workshop Holiday Craft Faire
- 4 p.m. Tiny Voices Children’s Choir
- 4:30 p.m.: Pictures with Santa
- 5:30 p.m.: Community Tree Lighting
Or, begin a day early at the Drive-Up Christmas Lights on Friday, December 2nd from 6-8PM at Paradise Alliance Church.
Learn more here. We can’t wait to see you out there!