Town of Paradise Weekly Recovery Update 05-08-2019
Message from Mayor Jody Jones:
“Today, May 8, 2019, it has been 6 months since the Camp Fire ignited and changed our lives forever. Since that day, we have had to face challenges and heartbreak in ways we never thought possible. We have also made great strides as our community has come together to create a new vision for Paradise. We are removing the wreckage from our Town, knowing it is all that remains of once treasured possessions and memories. We are rebuilding, recognizing it will be a long time before things will feel normal again. But through it all, Paradisians have found our community to be the one thing the fire couldn’t touch. We will rebuild, we will move forward and create Paradise to be all the name implies.”
Thurs May 9th 9am
Spring Regional Economic Summit: Impact North State, Location: CARD Community Center 545 Vallombrosa, Chico
Tues May 14th 6pm
Town of Paradise Council Meeting, Location: Paradise Town Hall -5555 Skyway
Tues. May 14th 6pm
Paradise Irrigation District (PID) Community Meeting, Location: Paradise Alliance Church – 6491 Clark Rd
Tues, May 22nd 6pm
Special Town of Paradise Council Meeting – Presentation of The Community Recovery Plan. The public is encouraged to attend Location: Paradise Alliance Church-6491 Clark Rd
Sat June 1st 9am
14th Annual Paradise Chocolate Fest, Location: Gold Country Casino Resort, "On the Green under the Tents!" 4020 Olive Hwy. Oroville
2,208 properties cleared of debris
297 properties certified clean by County
20 building permits issued
60 building permit applications in plan check
NEWS THIS WEEK:
• Westside Pizza reopened in Paradise this week! 5835 Clark Rd.
• Currently 141 crews working on clearing debris. It will increase to 160 on May 15th.
• On May 22, the Town Council will be hearing recommendations from our planning consultant regarding building code change. The meeting will be held at Paradise Alliance Church. The public is encouraged to attend.
• The Town is working to help residents with costs for tree removal and ignition resistant construction (fire resistant materials). Details will be provided as they become available.
• Have questions for PG&E on restarting service for your new home or business? Visit their mobile help center every Tuesday at Town Hall (5555 Skyway) from 10am-2pm