Town of Paradise Weekly Recovery Update 06-26-2019
Thurs. June 25th 6pm
Town Council Meeting
Location: Paradise Alliance Church 6491 Clark
Thurs, June 27th 4 – 8:30 pm
Drinking water & plumbing after the Camp Fire
Location: Paradise Alliance Church. Visit ParadiseChamber.com/events for more details
Sat June 29th - 30th 10am – 4pm
Home Builders Resource Expo
Location: Silver Dollar Fairgrounds 2357 Fair Street in Chico
Visit ParadiseChamber.com for info
Thurs. July 4th 3 – 6pm
July 4 in the Park with USAF Band
Location: Paradise Community Park
5,588 properties cleared of debris
1,662 properties certified clean by County
65 building permits issued
87 applications in plan check
52 applications received total
NEWS THIS WEEK:
• Currently, 151 crews are working on debris removal. Each crew makes between 10 and 20 trips per day hauling debris. That means there are between 1,500 and 3,000 trips made in and out of Paradise by debris removal trucks for the state program every day!
• Clark Road Laundromat is now open! 5837 Clark Rd.
• There are 171 businesses open on the ridge according to the Paradise Chamber of Commerce.
Check out the latest Rebuilding Guide provided by The Chamber: https://issuu.com/paradiseridgebusinessjournal/docs/final_e6b19dbbc20267
• In Case you Missed it: On June 25th, the Town Council voted unanimously to adopt the Long-Term Community Recovery Plan.
The presentation of community vision included the projects that were previously presented to the public for feedback. These projects are not all Town-led projects---some projects will be undertaken by other agencies, entities or non-profits (e.g. PID is the lead on repairing the water system.) The Town Council will have an opportunity to prioritize the town-led projects at its goal setting session in July). All projects will go before the council at future meetings—some projects will go before the council many times during different phases of the project (e.g. design, engineering, grant approvals, etc.) All projects have different priorities, cost estimates, and proposed funding sources---these are all estimates.
To watch the presentation, visit the Town of Paradise Facebook page
For access to the presentation go here: https://issuu.com/makeitparadise/docs/2350rptbook_final190624?e=37113742/70809073
The Town of Paradise owes a debt of gratitude to the Butte Strong Fund and Barry Long for helping us create a vision for the future.
• The Home Builders Resource Expo Exhibitor Registration is happening -- this weekend!. It’s free to attend and is a great first step if you’re rebuilding or even if you’re still deciding. For More information visit: http://www.paradisechamber.com/events/details/home-builders-resource-expo-rebuilding-after-a-wildfire-12198