Wed, May 22nd 6pm
Town of Paradise Council Meeting – Presentation of Community Recovery Plan
Location: Paradise Alliance Church-6491 Clark Rd
Thurs. May 23rd 11:30am
Butte County Business Listening and Info Lunch
Location:Sierra Nevada Big Room 1075 E. 20th St. Chico
Sat June 1st 9am
14th Annual Paradise Chocolate Fest
Location: Gold Country Casino Resort, “On the Green under the Tents!” 4020 Olive Hwy. Oroville
Thurs. June 6th 8pm
Paradise High School Graduation Ceremony
Paradise High School 5911 Maxwell Dr.
Sat June 29th – 30th
Home Builders Resource Expo
Location: Silver Dollar Fairgrounds 2357 Fair Street in Chico
3,327 properties cleared of debris
614 properties certified clean by County
22 building permits issued
51 applications in plan check
NEWS THIS WEEK:
• Lotus Guide Center reopened in Paradise this week! 6268 Skyway
• Pillsbury Physical Therapy reopened in Paradise too! 6678 Clark Rd.
• 142 debris removal crews shut down on Wed. May 15th and are on standby this week due to weather. They should be back to work on debris removal on Tues. May 28th. Soil testing and site assessment is still ongoing.
• Questions about the debris removal schedule? Contact the Debris Removal Operations Center at (530) 399-0434 or visit them in person at 900 Fortress St., Suite 200 in Chico.
• On May 22nd, the Town Council will hear a report from our planning consultant UDA regarding the community vision process. This presentation will include proposed recovery projects based on community input and ideas for updated building standards related to fire safety. PG&E will also provide an update on future energy plans for the Town.
• The Home Builders Resource Expo Exhibitor Registration is now open. For More information go to: http://www.paradisechamber.com/events/details/home-builders-resource-expo-rebuilding-after-a-wildfire-12198
• Cal Fire would like residents to keep in mind that using equipment the wrong way can unintentionally cause dangerous sparks.Make sure to only use your lawn mower on green grass and never when it’s windy or excessively dry.For more information visit www.readyforwildfire.org/equipment-use.