Sat June 1st – 9am
14th Annual Paradise Chocolate Fest
Location: Gold Country Casino Resort, “On the Green under the Tents!” 4020 Olive Hwy. Oroville
Thurs. June 6th – 8pm
Paradise High School Graduation Ceremony
Paradise High School 5911 Maxwell Dr.
Thurs. June 11th – 6pm
Town Council Meeting
Location: Paradise Alliance Church, 6491 Clark Rd.
Thurs. June 12th – 5:30pm
Party in the Park Opening Night
Location: Paradise Community Park – visit www.paradisechamber.com for details
Sat June 29th – 30th
Home Builders Resource Expo
Location: Silver Dollar Fairgrounds 2357 Fair Street in Chico
3,330 properties cleared of debris
668 properties certified clean by County
26 building permits issued
52 applications in plan check
NEWS THIS WEEK:
• Paradise High School’s Graduation is a little over a week away! Come and celebrate our Seniors on Thursday, June 6th @ 8pm. Location: 5911 Maxwell Dr. (Paradise High School).
• On May 22nd – The Town held a Council meeting where UDA presented 5 goals, identified through the community feedback, along with 40 recovery projects that stem from those goals. They also presented ideas for building code changes that would potentially make Paradise more fire safe. Council took no action at this meeting, just received public feedback. The project boards for the building code changes are at Town Hall until May 30th to receive more public input.
Next Steps – Town Council will consider the building code changes at the June 11th Council meeting and will give staff direction on each idea. On June 25th, UDA will give their final presentation on the recovery vision, which will lead into the formal drafting a long-term recovery plan for the future.
• Town of Paradise has amended its curfew declaration, reducing the hours to be between 11 pm and 5 am. Now that it is staying lighter later, and more businesses are opening, we want to make sure residents can do the things they need and want to do, without worrying about the curfew. The curfew helps our Police Officers keep residents and property safe while debris removal is happening, and many properties are vacant.
• Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) announced on May 22nd that it will put all electric distribution power lines underground in the Town of Paradise and some of the surrounding areas as the town rebuilds from the Camp Fire. For more information from Mayor Jones — Watch HERE: https://www.facebook.com/townofparadise/videos/331307380882753
• The Home Builders Resource Expo Exhibitor Registration is now open. For More information go to: http://www.paradisechamber.com/events/details/home-builders-resource-expo-rebuilding-after-a-wildfire-12198