Sat June 19th 6pm
Party in the Park
Location: Paradise Community Park
Thurs. June 25th 6pm
Town Council Meeting
Location: Paradise Alliance Church 6491 Clark
Sat June 29th – 30th
Home Builders Resource Expo
Location: Silver Dollar Fairgrounds 2357 Fair Street in Chico
5,041 properties cleared of debris
1,242 properties certified clean by County*
55 building permits issued
80 applications in plan check
135 applications received total
NEWS THIS WEEK:
• *The State of California is bringing in additional resources to close the gap between the number properties that have been cleared of debris, and those that have been certified clean through soil testing. Final clearance of properties has been slow, and the State will address that through additional teams to speed up the soil testing and clearance process.
• The Elk’s Lodge’s Grand opening is on June 21st at 1084 Ewald from 5-9pm. Join the festivities: Music, food trucks and everyone welcome!
• Please continue to prepare your house for future power shutdowns going into the summer months. If you will be using a generator, please remember to keep all flammable materials away from the unit.
Learn more about PG&E’s Community Wildfire Safety Program here:https://www.pge.com/en_US/safety/emergency-preparedness/natural-disaster/wildfires/community-wildfire-safety.page?WT.pgeac=Home-pod_Wildfire-June19
Sign up for outage notifications here: https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/outages/alerts/alerts.page
• Long Term Recovery: What’s Next: On June 25th, UDA will give their final presentation on the recovery vision, which includes 40 recovery projects identified through the visioning process. Find out more about the recovery projects and give your input through our online survey at www.makeitparadise.org.
• ICYMI: On June 18th, the Town of Paradise announced that it and PG&E have accepted a mediator’s proposal of $270 million to resolve the Town’s Camp Fire claims, resulting from the 2018 Camp Fire. The Mediator’s proposal is exclusive of and does not affect the claims of any residents, individuals, or businesses.
The payment is to be incorporated in, and subject to confirmation by the Bankruptcy Court, a plan of reorganization to be filed by PG&E in its pending Chapter 11 case. The settlement is part of a total settlement of $1 billion to be paid to local government entities pursuant to the confirmed plan of reorganization.
“The Town of Paradise will rebuild, and this is an important step towards our recovery,” said Paradise Mayor Jody Jones. “On behalf of the Town, we hope to receive the money as soon as possible so we can put it towards rebuilding our infrastructure and providing those necessary services for community resiliency.”
• The Home Builders Resource Expo Exhibitor Registration is coming up. For More information visit: http://www.paradisechamber.com/events/details/home-builders-resource-expo-rebuilding-after-a-wildfire-12198