June 30, 2020, 9 am
Town Council Meeting – Budget Presentation
July 7, 2020, 6 pm
Community Information Meeting – State of the Town Part 2: Department Reports
1032 Building Permit Applications Received
884 Building Permits issued
195 Homes Rebuilt (certificate of occupancy issued)
4,552 TROE (Tree Right of Entry) Received
3,951 Private Tree Program Applications Received
Some GREAT News
High Angle Driveline: First Completed Commercial Business Rebuild
Jesse and Tammy Jaynes, owners of High Angle Driveline, have been Ridge residents for over 40 years. While their home survived, their business did not. They filed a permit in late fall of 2019 and broke ground in January of 2020. May of this year marked the completion and opening of the business at the original location: 7245 Clark Road. It is the first completed steel frame commercial rebuild in Town. To learn more, visit the Make it Paradise blog
● Reminder: As of January 1, 2021, the rules about living in RVs on private lots in town will change. You will be required to be actively rebuilding a permanent home on your property (different than a temporary RV permit) to continue living on your property in an RV. For information on the building process and to connect with financial resources for rebuilding, contact our Rebuild Advocates at (530) 872-6291 x429 and x430.
● Missing Middle Grant Income Limits Extended for Larger Households. The grant helps reduce pre-construction costs for lower, middle -lower and middle class households who want to build/rebuild in the Camp Fire footprint. The grant reimburses up to $5,000 pre-construction costs. Find more details at rebuildparadise.org/grants.
● FREE masks are available at the Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce to Ridge businesses. This is a joint effort from the North Valley Community Foundation and Feather River Health Foundation. Please contact the PRCoC at 530.877.9356 or stop by 6161 Clark Road #1 to pick up masks. Hours are Wednesday – Friday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Delivery is available.
● The Butte County ROE Center is still accepting ROEs and Inspection Access Forms. Inspections are scheduled to begin in mid-June, and tree felling is scheduled to begin in July. Download your ROE or inspection Access form here. You can mail the form to 205 Mira Loma Dr., Ste 50, Oroville CA 95965 or email to TreeROE@buttecounty.net. For questions, call the Tree ROE Information line at (530) 552-3030.
● Help keep Paradise fire safe! If you own a lot in Paradise, it is your responsibility to maintain it. If you need help clearing your lot of weeds and brush, you can contact a local company who can do the work for you. Find a list of companies with Paradise Business Licenses here.
● Have questions regarding your rebuild? Rebuild Advocates are here to help! If you need help navigating the rebuild process, the Town of Paradise has Rebuild Advocates available to assist. They can help with the following: Navigating insurance, FEMA or SBA, understanding additional financing options, selecting a contractor, submitting plants, or any part of the rebuild process. They are available at the Building Resiliency Center by appointment only. Please call 530.872.6291 x411 to make an in-person or phone appointment today!