July 14, 2020, 6 pm: Town Council Meeting
Location: 5555 Skyway, Paradise
1,076 Building Permit Applications Received
917 Building Permits Issued
240 Homes Rebuild (Certificate of Occupancy)
4,584 Tree ROE’s Received (Government Program)
3,995 Tree ROE’s Received (Private Program)
Kevin Phillips Selected as New Town Manager
The Town of Paradise is pleased to announce the selection of Kevin Phillips as the new Town Manager. The Paradise Town Council will take action to formally hire Mr. Phillips on July 14, 2020. Kevin comes to Paradise after serving as District Manager of Paradise Irrigation District. “Kevin brings a depth of knowledge about the Town, our recovery and our goals that is unmatched. We know he is the right choice to lead our Town into the future.” Says Mayor Greg Bolin.
● The Town’s Private Hazardous Tree Removal Program Underway. Starting Tuesday, July 7 , Tetra Tech will have 4 arborists in the field. This number will ramp up over time. The arborists will be wearing blue vests with yellow safety stripe and TT logo. Vehicles will contain the Tetra Tech TT logo.
● Broadband Feasibility Study Under Preparation. Goal is to provide broadband access to homes and businesses on the ridge.
● Paradise Wastewater Treatment Project In Review. The Paradise Wastewater Treatment project is in preliminary engineering and environmental review. The new system proposes to connect 1,469 parcels in the sewer service area.
● Paradise Fire Department/Cal Fire wants you to be aware that wildfire season is here. Preparedness starts with 3 steps: Ready … Set … Go! To learn more visit: https://rb.gy/oeu3my
● Hope Plaza One Step Closer to Construction. Located at the corner of Foster Road and Skyway, Hope Plaza will serve as a place to reflect and inspire hope. All funds used for the project and maintenance are from private sources. No public finds will be used for the project. Watch the news story or visit the website for more information, to donate, or get involved.
● Great news! Paradise Irrigation District’s $7.3 million backfill from the State of California has been restored in the budget signed by Governor Newsom.
● Important: As of January 1, 2021, the rules about living in RVs on private lots in town will change back to pre-fire rules. You will be required to be actively rebuilding a permanent home on your property (different than a temporary RV permit) to continue living on your property in an RV. For information on the building process and to connect with financial resources for rebuilding, contact our Rebuild Advocates at (530) 872-6291 x429 and x430.
● Hazardous Trees – Town of Paradise needs your help! There are still almost 3,000 properties in The Town of Paradise that have not completed their TROE form. In order to remove all dead and dying trees there is an urgent need for all residents who have not completed this form to do make it a priority. Ask your neighbors, family and friends both in town and those who have been relocated out of state but still own property –Have you completed your TROE?
Download your ROE or inspection Access form here. You can mail the form to PO Box 3390 Chico, CA 95927-3390 or email to TreeROE@buttecounty.net. For questions, call the Tree ROE Information line at (530) 552-3030.
● Rebuilding & Looking for Homeowner’s Insurance? Choose LOCAL! The Rebuild Paradise Foundation has informative flyers listing local offices and which cover site/stick build and manufactured homes. Download the flyer.
● The Camp Fire Shed Project is now accepting applications for Round 2! The second build will take place August 30-September 18, 2020! If you applied for round 2 prior to COVID-19, there’s no need to reapply. Applications found here. Recap: If you owned a home on 11/8/2018 and lost your home or had significant damage due to the Camp Fire, are located within the burn scar area, currently living in an RV/Trailer/Tent, intend to rebuild and your insurance did not cover shed replacement, this program might be for you! Visit the criteria form to learn more.
● Help keep Paradise fire safe! If you own a lot in Paradise, it is your responsibility to maintain it. If you need help clearing your lot of weeds and brush, you can contact a local company who can do the work for you. Find a list of companies with Paradise Business Licenses here.
● Have questions regarding your rebuild? Rebuild Advocates are here to help! If you need help navigating the rebuild process, the Town of Paradise has Rebuild Advocates available to assist. They can help with the following: Navigating insurance, FEMA or SBA, understanding additional financing options, selecting a contractor, submitting plants, or any part of the rebuild process. They are available at the Building Resiliency Center by appointment only. Please call 530.872.6291 x411 to make an in-person or phone appointment today!