Do You Have Dead or Dying Trees on Your Property? The Paradise Tree Removal Program May Be Able to Help
The Town of Paradise is excited to announce that after many years of advocacy and planning, we are launching our Tree Removal Program. This project is funded by Hazard Mitigation Grant funds through FEMA/CalOES and will be managed by the Town’s Recovery and Economic Development Department.
- This is a voluntary program to help property owners remove dead trees on private property.
- Trees will be assessed over the late summer and early fall 2022; there is no obligation to remove trees after assessment.
- Trees will be removed (if the property owner chooses to move forward) in spring 2023.
- Cost to the property owner for removal, if any, will be known prior to enrollment for removal.
Paradise Sewer Project Draft Program Environmental Impact Report (PEIR)
Have comments on this long-term solution for wastewater collection, transport, and treatment? The Public Comment period ends at 5pm PDT on August 29.
Draft PEIR Public Meetings:
- Monday August 8 – 6pm Chico
- Wednesday August 10 – 12:30pm and 6pm Paradise
For more information, and to read the Draft EIR and provide comments visit www.paradisesewer.com.
A few exciting updates for the Rebuild Paradise Foundation
- They were just awarded $500,000 from North Valley Community Foundation to continue their Missing Middle Grant Program!
- Updated and generous income guidelines for both their Missing Middle and Septic Grants. If you have rebuilt or are rebuilding, you probably qualify!
- 12 Master Floor plans to utilize to save time and money
- New Septic Mapping tool on their website to help know septic capacities and location of the septic tank on your property
Habitat for Humanity Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony, August 6
Join the celebration for the completion of the first three Paradise homes built by Habitat for Humanity of Butte County! Enjoy a ribbon-cutting ceremony with Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce, meet the families, and tour the homes on Saturday, August 6th beginning at 10 a.m. The addresses are 5514, 5518, & 5522 Garden View Lane, Paradise. Call (530) 343-7423 for more information.
From the Desk of Town Manager, Kevin Phillips
Dear Paradise Residents,
Over the past week, several fires have been started in Paradise due to people in the community mowing their lawns after 10:00 a.m. As you may be aware, we are in the season of extreme fire danger.
During this time, CAL Fire/Paradise Fire advises NOT mowing your lawns after 10:00 a.m. during these very dry months. On hot, windy days, sparks from equipment and combustible vegetation can cause fires. If you need to use power equipment to maintain your yard, please do so in the cool morning hours.
Thank you for helping protect our Town.
Kevin Phillips, Town Manager
Regenerating Paradise Community Feedback Survey
Skyway 2022 Paving Began July 25
As part of the town-wide public road repaving project, work began on Skyway on Monday, July 25th between Crossroads and just north of Holiday Market. Work will be done during the hours of 7am to 7pm with major work being done from 7pm to 7am. Motorists should expect lane closures and lane shifts during working hours. Evacuation readiness is our top priority during construction.
Watch our Community Grow: PID customer count
- Total Customers: 8,823
- Active customers: 4,212
- Properties with cleared water: 4595
Because we continue to find nothing but clean water, PID is excited to announce they will be tapering down additional testing efforts and resuming standardized state testing. See the mapped results of the last two years of testing here: https://pidwater.com/water-quality
Free Residential Green Waste Disposal, August 7, 20, 26, & 31
Butte County residents living in the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) may dispose of green waste for free on the above designated days. From 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., bring your green waste to the Neal Road Recycling and Waste Facility at 1023 Neal Road in Paradise. For more information, visit buttecounty.net/publicworks, call 530.552.5689, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paradise Farmer’s Market, Mondays June 6-October 10
Grab your local farm-fresh fruits and veggies every Monday from 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm, June 6- October 10, in the Holiday Market Shopping Center. Stop by to show your support! Learn more here.
Paradise Traffic Control & Road Repave Map
The Town has created a google map with ongoing traffic control in Paradise and another map for road repaving.